As the last day of serving you as the Governor of Founder Region dawns, I would like to thank you again for the honor of serving in this position of leadership.
This is a very exciting time for Soroptimist as we ride the wave of change. I am so very lucky to have had this opportunity to share the message of shaping our future through increased collective impact (teamwork) that our federation leadership has asked us to embrace.
Two years ago when I shared my vision for the biennium with you via the power point presentation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UWTFKvW8d8), put together with your own interpretations of a word, I wanted to demonstrate to you that even if we interpret things differently, when we put the variety of visions together to form one message, we can be successful.
This has been a successful biennium because of you, the members of Founder Region.
- You elected the wonderful board I had the privilege of serving with: Governor-elect Bobbi, Secretary Charlene, Treasurer Pam, District I Director Gloria, District II Director Bev, District III Director Shannon, District IV Director Maddy, District V Director Kris and District VI Director Lorene.
- You embraced the concept of increased collective impact.
- You made Soroptimist your charity of choice by increasing donations to club giving.
- You increased our membership and helped to support our new club Soroptimist International of Northern Mariana Islands (Thank you Soroptimist International of the Marianas and President Jessica Castro.).
- You made a difference in the lives of women and girls in the 56 communities that make up Founder Region.
- You realized the importance of working together with our federation leadership, headquarters staff and each other in insuring our global legacy.
- You strengthened our foundation knowing the responsibility we have as Founder Region – the place where it all began.
You lead the way Founder Region.
Yesterday (June 29), I attended Soroptimist International of Benicia’s Installation of Officers and was asked to lead everyone in the Soroptimist Pledge at the end of the program. So much emotion welled up in me as I thought about how appropriate it was that the last Soroptimist event I attended as governor was with Bobbi’s club. Perfect as I move from leader to cheerleader.
I wish Governor Bobbi and her 2014-2016 board much success as they Share the Joy of Soroptimist.
I will finish by sharing these lyrics from the song “For Good” (Wicked), written by Stephen Schwartz, which sum up these past two years for me.
“So much of me is made of what I learned from you,
you’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart.”
I have loved serving as your governor. Thank you.