It is time to start planning your participation in our 43rd annual Founder Region Conference and I invite you to join me and our Founder Region Board along with our Founder Region Fellowship Board to our “Empowering Change” conference, May 3 through May 5, 2019, at the San Ramon Marriott. Our Conference Coordinator, Mary Ann Redden, and host clubs SI/Antioch and SI/The Delta are working hard to make this an exciting conference.
We begin on Friday with a presentation from our Legislative Advocacy Committee, with guest speakers including Soroptimist International President Mariet Verhoef-Cohen and SI Director of Advocacy Bev Bucur. They will lead an exciting lineup of speakers for our Legislative Advocacy program entitled, “Water Crisis and Climate Change Challenges – Empowering Change for our Future”. This program intends to educate and bring awareness to this potentially catastrophic issue and give an inside view of how discussions lead to action, and you will also have an opportunity to pose questions to our panelists including Soroptimist International of the Americas (SIA) President Elizabeth Di Geronimo, whom we are fortunate to have as our Official Visitor!
Prepare to be inspired Friday evening with our Fellowship Dinner and celebration of new Fellowship recipients. On Saturday, we conduct the business of our region, elect the 2019-2021 Region Nominating Committee, and hear from our SIA President Elizabeth Di Geronimo. We will also hear from SI Director of Advocacy Bev Bucur as she shares Soroptimist International work at the United Nations, Commission on the Status of Women, and the SI President’s Appeal. We will share the successes of region clubs, announce Soroptimists Celebrating Success region winners, and more! On Sunday, we begin our day with our “Celebration of Service” memorial tribute, continue with honoring district and region awardees, and end with our annual basket raffle.
We are “Empowering Change”, by changing a few things about our conference, and keeping many of our favorite features (see flyers for details).
- Thursday night meet & greet – meet in the lobby; find a new or familiar friend, and make a plan to explore the new City Center Bishop Ranch for dinner options within walking distance of the San Ramon Marriott
- SI President’s Appeal commemorative pins will be available for purchase
- SIA store items will be available for purchase
- Group Project –a “hands on” activity to assemble items for Survival Bags for victims of human trafficking and domestic violence
- Empowering Change Award – Recognize a member of your club who is Empowering Change
- Conference Attendance Incentive Award – Attend Conference and your name will be entered in a drawing for the 2020 Founder Region Conference
- Purse Party resumes – We are empowering change by adding wallets and wristlets this year
- Fun times - Clubs will have an opportunity to entertain us and show us their moves following the Saturday Night Dinner honoring Past Governors